This week Life’s A Game gathers its squad and takes on the full might of the Mass Effect Trilogy, looking back on adventures of old and deconstructing the endings of new. It’s a whole podcast dedicated to that rogue Commander Shepard, basically, and if you like it we’ll do more like it in future.
Hey, what do you know, there’s more to see here!
If you’ve been indoctrinated by the Apple corporation and use iTunes, then you can use this link to get this podcast automatically whenever it downloads! See what we did with that joke about indoctrination? Yeah, subscribe via iTunes and you’ll get jokes that high-calibre more often!
If downloading it off the webpage or subscribing via iTunes doesn’t seem like what your Shepard would do, then you could take an alternative path and just stream the podcast off this very page, right below this sentence! WOO!!!
Your Squad Selection for this mission will be…
The creator of this site and Podcast Commander, who may or may not reach a Shepard-style fate at the end of this particular episode. Hey, if you don’t like the way it turns out, then you can live with it because we’re not bowing to fan pressure and re-recording the ending.
Twitter – @Jokesound
Gaminglives Page – Edward
A fiendish rapscallion also known for accidentally shooting star children, risking exotic diseases during space intercourse and also has a weird thing going on involving Fassbender. I’d rather not ask, to be honest.
Twitter – @DominicPeppiatt
Gaminglives Page – Dom
Creator of Signposted Disaster, a man appreciative of the work Commander Bailey puts in, demands to be remembered for his first name and to taken like a Turian.
Twitter – @TehRicass
Signposted Disaster – signposteddisaster.co.uk
Nuthin’ Else To Do – nuthinelsetodo.wordpress.com
Gaminglives Page -Ric
If You’re Not Concerned About Spoiler Warnings, In This Episode…
- We start with the only way we can, at the end. Specifically, the end of the Mass Effect trilogy, and our views on not just the original endings, but the expansions bought to us by the Extended Cut DLC. We scrutinise each one, poke fun at naming conventions and even talk in-depth about that fan-favourite indoctrination theory and the original justification for the Reapers!
- Dom runs the risk of space-racism when we talk about From Ashes and the DLC drops for the series entire, prompting Ed to go on a rant about some of the more useless cast members, as well as the issues with the first Mass Effect.
- Things get physical as we discuss our romance choices, only for Ed to bring the entire level of discussion down a notch with his incredibly candid views on alien intercourse and justifications for cheating.
- Before Dom leaves to save another galaxy, Pitch Time returns as the cast scramble to invent a potential award-winning movie based on the Mass Effect universe.
- Ed and Ric are left to fend for themselves, looking back at some of the more jaw-dropping moments in the franchise and where potential instalments could take place, before Ed lowers the tone all over again by comparing Commander Shepard to the child-snatcher from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.
Thanks once again for listening, and we hope you enjoy! Episode 16 should hopefully arrive at month’s end!
<3 Edward Price, aka Jokesound.