What if Run DMC were the protagonists in the new Devil May Cry? What wins in the battle between babies and tapas? Can everyone stop being racist? Answers to all these questions and several more await you in the first Life’s A Game of 2013!
If you’re not the kind of (wo)man about town who downloads directly from the website (by right-clicking that hyperlink about this very sentence), then maybe we can find something else for you…
For your convenience, we’ve attempted to rule the podcasting waves by taking the fight to iTunes. Subscribe via the above link and maybe even leave a nice review or warning for those unsure about whether this podcast is what they really need channeling down their ear-drums?
What if you’ve already done one, some or none of the above things? There’s a third option: stream the latest episode via this handy widget that you’ll find literally right below this sentence! CONVENIENCE!
Alright, enough of all that introduction nonsense, who’s actually in this thing?
Site creator and Podcast host; he hoped for an uncontroversial episode for once that didn’t require editing, and instead ended up involved in the most offensive podcast in the series’ history. If he edited most of this episode, it’d just be 20 minutes of talking to himself.
Twitter – @Jokesound
Gaminglives Page – Edward
Creator of The 80s Movie Club. After his various excursions into midget-related rants, this year he’s seemingly moved on and now extolls the virtues of eating tapas over producing and raising children.
The 80s Movie Club – Films!
Gaminglives Page – Richie
Gaminglives, Beefjack and Platform writer; he’s due to be wed later this year, which in Ed’s opinion means there’s plenty of time to get a bouncy castle booked before the big day. What? It’d be awesome!
Twitter – @McDoodle42
Gaminglives Page – Keegan
The Platform Podcast – Listen here!
Creator of Signposted Disaster, accidental racist and Indie Developer: He’s currently making a game of Richie’s pitch from episode 17, and you can download it via a link below!
Twitter – @TheRicass
Signposted Disaster – signposteddisaster.co.uk
Gaminglives Page – Ric
Nuthin’ Else To Do – nuthinelsetodo.wordpress.com
Dire Date – The Dinner Date Mod The “Dire Date” mod
Ric’s New Indie Game! – Sad Lonely Studios presents – dry.
Ric’s Prototype for Life’s A Game: The Game – Middle Distance Games presents – Life’s A Game: The Game (Alpha)
Okay, so now I know who’s talking, what are they talking about?
- Games we’ve been playing lately, including Hitman Absolution, Assassin’s Creed 3, DmC: Devil May Cry, Rise of the Guardians, Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City, The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles, Mario Kart 7 and Saints Row the Third.
- This week’s first “With A Twist…” takes us to the underworld with “What if it was DmC: Devil May Cry, but…?”
- Breaking news occurs as we learn during recording that HMV are going into administration and we discuss none of the good times we’ve had with said store.
- We start the first of our 2012 awards, with Ric giving his “Shook the Pillars of Heaven” award to Sleeping Dogs, with Hitman Absolution and Mass Effect 3 as runners-up, whilst Ric becomes accidentally racist.
- Richie debates whether he should buy Far Cry 3.
- Keegan gives us his award – “The Most Fun You Can Have While Dying” and gives it to Tokyo Jungle. The rest of the gang nominate FTL: Faster Than Light, Worms Revolution and Hannah Montana: The Movie: The Game (even though it wasn’t released in 2012, trust us, we know), as well as why it’s okay for Ric to own the latter game, but not Richie.
- Meanwhile, Ed tries to plan Keegan’s wedding, with unsuccessful results.
- Richie delivers his award – “The X-Factor Audience” and attributes it to FIFA 13, with the rest of the cast nominating Doritos Crash Course (the DLC came out last year so it sort of counts) and Playstation All Stars Battle Royale. The discussion then turns to how weird the Xbox Live community can get and Richie explains why eating Tapas is better than raising a family.
- We bring back “With A Twist” as Ed pitches the cast a new idea for a game (“Fanboys Revenge“), prompting them to build on it with ideas of their own.
- With his game unsuccessfully pitched, Ed presents the final award – “Marmite Wank“, and is immediately caught out for stealing one of Keegan’s ideas and renaming it to something sillier. Regardless, he presses on and names Dishonored as the winner, with other members nominating Halo 4. The discussion then turns into lighting engines and Ed successfully sets Richie off on another rant.
- We end on our resolutions for the forthcoming gaming year and what games we’re looking forward to before saying goodbye via an impromptu Richie pitch called “Tiger Fuck Up” and a guitar solo.
Okay, so every time I predict when there’s going to be a new Life’s A Game, that doesn’t actually go as planned, so… if we say there’s likely to be one next month, that’s probably the most realistic bet.
So, see you soon!