Keyblade Seppuku, Wreck-It Racism, Drake And Josh’s Deception, Ken needing a cuddle and fascist fruit orgies are all things that I’ve not only just listed, but only make sense if you listen to the latest Life’s A Game…
Want to discover why I listed a bunch of incredibly weird and obtuse things, but you’re not the type of person who’d right-click and save the file behind the hyperlink above?
What if you don’t care for downloading directly from here or from the Apple Corp? There’s a third option: stream the latest episode via the magic plug-in that only appears directly below this sentence! WIZARDRY!
Enough of the introductory words, tell me who’s on this show!
Site creator and Podcast host, and propagator of silly voices; he doesn’t think anyone will pick up on the subtle hints he provides throughout this episode, but truth be told, he didn’t really care for Uncharted 3 that much, at all. If only he’d explain why…
Twitter – @Jokesound
Gaminglives Page – Edward
Gaminglives, Beefjack and Platform writer; he had to talk about the new Aliens game this week because Richie wasn’t around to tell us something about it. On the plus side, very few people were harmed as a result.
Twitter – @McDoodle42
Gaminglives Page – Keegan
The Platform Podcast – Listen here!
Creator of Signposted Disaster, battle of the bands loser and keyblade owner. He likes things that are objectively terrible, especially David Cage. What a handsome jerk that Ric is. Darn him.
Twitter – @TheRicass
Signposted Disaster – signposteddisaster.co.uk
Gaminglives Page – Ric
Nuthin’ Else To Do – nuthinelsetodo.wordpress.com
Dire Date – The Dinner Date Mod The “Dire Date” mod
Ric’s New Indie Game! – Sad Lonely Studios presents – dry.
Ric’s Prototype for Life’s A Game: The Game – Middle Distance Games presents – Life’s A Game: The Game (Alpha)
In this episode, the Three Amigas get into the following adventures…
- The episode starts with what we’ve been playing, including Far Cry 3, Uncharted 3 (with spoilers for the end of Uncharted 2), DmC: Devil May Cry, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Fist Of The North Star: Ken’s Rage 2, Metal Gear Rising: Revengance, Skate 2, F1 Race Stars and Aliens: Colonial Marines.
- Ric explains his issue with art games, their pricing structure and why he doesn’t use Twitter much anymore.
- The Aliens: Colonial Marines controversy is almost discussed but instead we think about podcast regular Richie and his opinion of it before moving on to what someone who is actually on this episode thinks.
- Tired of everyone making predictions for the Sony Announcement most of the gaming press insisted was for the Playstation 4 (and were eventually proven to be right), we came up with our own ideas of the best things they could announce instead. (We admit this discussion was poorly timed as we recorded before the event only remembering afterwards that the podcast would be released after the conference)
- Wreck-It Ralph has finally been released in the UK, so we wax lyrical about a film that does videogames right, even if it doesn’t use the cameos well.
- Ed has another plan for Keegan’s wedding.
- Ed pitches a new take on the Uncharted series, spawning another “With A Twist!”, with “What if it was Uncharted 3, but…”
- We look at the next month’s releases and debate which of them we’re most looking forward to, Ric desires something a little Japanese and the Three Amigas brainstorm the next viral phenomenon.
- The episode ends with Ric singing us a song based on the podcast’s events.
See you maybe in March?