From racially insensitive canines, a garden on Danny Dyer’s head and advice on keeping your mullet free of urine, this podcast has all you could ever want and more! There’s laughter, there’s anger, and not all of it is from Richie this time around, honest…
That’s not all, folks!
If you’re new to this, then you might also be surprised to know that we’re subscribed to that iTunes thing all the kids are raving about, and you can join the tens of people who’ve done so by clicking this link!
Maybe you don’t like subcribing to things, or maybe downloading off of a webpage just sounds too much like hard work? Well, what if I told you that below those very questions also lies an answer? You see, if you look below what you’re reading right now, then you’ll discover that there is a way to stream the podcast right off the webpage without downloading or subscribing, thanks to the power of the internet! INCREDIBLE!!!
It’s all well and good providing you with unmitigated classics in the form of podcasting delight, but have you ever wanted to hear more of our voices, but not necessarily talking on-topic? Well, you’re in luck as we have plenty of out-takes for you to chow down on!
We Present The Following Gentlemen For This Podcast’s Entertainment…
The creator of this site and host of this podcast… but he offloads the hosting duties onto someone else towards the end now. Turns out there’s a good reason why; he’s not very good at pitching silly ideas and no one else will edit this thing.
Twitter – @Jokesound
Gaminglives Page – Edward
Creator of Peoww.co.uk, he’ll go off on one if you bring up midgets. It becomes a dilemma: do you torture a seemingly innocent man for a cheap laugh? Apparently, we do. A lot.
Twitter – @Peoww
Peoww! – PEOWW.co.uk
Gaminglives Page – Richie
The Peoww! Podcast on iTunes – PEOWWcast!
Once a bright, young lad with his whole life ahead of him, until he let slip that his dog isn’t a fan of equality. Now, he spends his time dissecting the minutiae of things in the vain hope that it’ll redeem what is in fact a fairly humourous anecdote.
Twitter – @DominicPeppiatt
Gaminglives Page – Dom
Creator of Signposted Disaster and virtual pro skater. Every week, Ed comes up with custom intros for the gang just so that he can reference titles of songs that Ric has released, and he’s only pointing this out after all this time because he doesn’t think anyone else has noticed this yet. Well, now we know. Now we know.
Twitter – @TehRicass
Signposted Disaster – signposteddisaster.co.uk
Nuthin’ Else To Do – nuthinelsetodo.wordpress.com
Gaminglives Page -Ric
If You’re One Of Those People Who Needs To Know What Happens Before You Listen To A Podcast, Then…
- The opening bar is set lower than it has ever been when Dom reveals all about his apparently racist canine.
- Much like the Nazis Dom’s Dog appreciates, I furiously uphold the tradition of what we’ve been playing recently, with the gang having played such titles as Tony Hawk’s HD, Lollipop Chainsaw, Pokémon, Penny Arcade Episode 3, Halo Anniversary, and To The Moon.
- We ignite the engine of the Kickstartermobile once again and try to discuss the proposed Android console Ouya and the Penny Arcade Kickstarter, but it turns out the vehicle is out of petrol and we’re just pushing it along in the vain hopes I’ll stop this metaphor.
- We also dredge up that sexism in games debate we touched on in episode fifteen, as James Gunn (the writer for Lollipop Chainsaw) has recently claimed that some of these controversies are “silly” and that some people try too hard to be right on the internet. This causes us to moan about people picking and choosing controversies until Richie puts us all right with his words of wisdom. There was going to be a bit about God of War: Ascension reducing the amount of violence against women, but none of us could even pretend to muster up enough energy to care about that series.
- Instead, Ed uses the announcement of the Deadpool game to moan about the failures of humour in games as Dom just hopes it doesn’t become another Eat Lead: Return of Matt Hazard.
- One of the EA marketing people made a cock-up over Dead Space 3, claiming “We were hearing feedback that they love the thriller game, but it was pretty scary, and the obvious next step was that they wanted to play with someone. So we introduced co-op into the game” and insinuating that they took the scariness out and put co-op in to attract more players. We briefly discuss this, before moving on to…
-PITCH TIME! This week, the gang have to take a beloved EA property and make a money-grabbing sequel that completely misses the point of the originals. For an added bonus, Ed actually comes up with a pitch himself this time around!
- The new host quizzes the other guests as to what terrible band they’d make an entire Guitar Hero/Rock Band tribute over, and then what they’d do in Minecraft if they had the time and resources to make it a reality, from a Danny Dyer tribute to a fully functioning replica of ‘Operation’.
- Despite all the traditions we uphold on pain of torture, we didn’t end on our recommendations of the week this time around… so, uh, yay BBQ’s?
Thanks once again for listening, and we hope you enjoy! The next podcast will be back in August, when we’ll hopefully do another episode before celebrating over a year of podcasting delight with some kind of special!
<3 Edward Price, aka Jokesound.